Office Manager Application
Do you find satisfaction in detailed organization practices and friendly relationships? Working alongside ELCA staff at All Saints can help strengthen your skills and serve wholeheartedly alongside people dedicated to helping our community.
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 9-2pm
Hourly rate: $12-16, depending on experience
To apply, email your resumé to email@example.com with "Office Manager application" written in the subject line.
This person must show hospitality to all people, practice excellent phone etiquette, keep things organized, and be able to manage many projects simultaneously. Experience with Microsoft Office is essential, with willingness to self-improve skills in Outlook, Word, Publisher, other software, and equipment operation. Our staff currently uses Icon CMO for church management software to organize member information, and Media Shout for preparing projected information. The Office Manager will receive orientation for using Icon CMO and how to operate the phone system. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States, and be willing to undergo a background check.
- greet visitors and volunteers to the building, offering assistance and directions
- sign for incoming mail, packages, and other deliveries; distribute as appropriate
- answer phone; take messages, answer questions, transfer calls, and followup as necessary
- check voicemail; followup as necessary
- process donations and other payments by depositing in safe and emailing business manager
Online Communication & Reservations
- send, respond to, and forward emails
- update church calendar
- create and manage room reservations for church building use
- initiate and oversee contracts for building use and other reservations
- manage communications and church preparation for baptisms, weddings, funerals, and other special occasions
Print & Publications
- assemble printed materials, stuff and address envelopes, and mail items as needed
- digitally create and print weekly worship bulletins
- digitally create and print monthly congregational newsletters
- prepare and print quarterly statements and other periodic bulk mail
- preparing small mailings for various ministry teams, as requested
- hand-address weekly prayer cards for sympathy, celebration, or just "checking in"
- miscellaneous correspondence
- prepare and print address labels
- print posters and announcements
- customize, print, and distribute certificates for baptisms and other ceremonies
- take inventory of supplies, and order items as needed or requested
- upkeep stocks of supplies for the office, printer, copy room, kitchen, custodial work, and pastoral/ministry aids
- maintain accurate data for the Synod Parochial Report (on demographics, attendance, etc.)
- help staff stay informed about church events, programming, and member updates
- prepare an agenda and facilitate weekly staff meetings
- oversee volunteers as necessary, including those legally obligated to serve hours of community service
Additional Duties, as Assigned and Requested
Depending on how your application fits our needs, we may invite you for an on-site interview as the next step in the application process. Due to the volume of applications, while we appreciate your time, we cannot provide a detailed response to applicants that are not invited for an interview, but will update you when the position has been filled.